Bestsellers Kft. (1051 Budapest, Október 6. u. 11.)
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer (or on other internet-enabled devices such as smartphones or tablets) when you visit a Bestsellers website. A cookie typically contains the name of the site from which the cookie comes from, the "lifespan" of the cookie (i.e., how long it stays on your device), and its value which is usually a randomly generated identity number.
What are cookies used for?
Cookies make it easier to use Bestsellers websites and to customize their content and layout for you. Cookies may also be used to help speed up activities and improve the user experience in the future. In addition, they help us create anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how people use the Bestsellers websites, thereby helping us to improve the structure and content of our pages. We can not identify you personally based on this information.
Types of cookies
These cookies are stored in temporary memory. They remain available for the duration of your browsing: from the moment the user opens the browser window, until the moment it gets closed. Once the browser is closed, all session cookies get deleted.
Persistent (analytics/storage) cookies:
Persistent cookies recognise and count the visitors and monitor how they navigate on the website. This helps to improve the website (for example it will allow us to help visitors find what they are looking for). These cookies are stored on the user’s device for a specified period. They get activated every time the user visits the website.
Own (functional) cookies:
These cookies allow us to recognise you (your computer and your browser) when you return to our website. This makes it possible for us to customize the content of our offer, welcome you by name and to note your preferences (e.g. the chosen language or region).
When a user visits a website, another party (e.g. Facebook) activates the cookie through the website.
What types of cookies we use?
• Bestsellers.hu PHPSession
- Expires at the end of each session, stores the personal user settings (e.g. the preferred currency and language settings).
• Google Analytics
– Google’s web analytics service cookies that report the user activity (for instance, whether the user has visited the website before) without storing any personally identifiable information.
• Bestsellers.hu functional cookie
- It contributes to the proper functioning of certain informational interface elements that note whether the user has already seen the disclaimer, and if so, does not show it anymore (information on subscription, user accepting cookie usage on website).
• Facebook.com – Third-party functional cookie
- It notes and handles the status of “Like“ and “Share” buttons located on the pages of items. For further information please visit Facebook’s website.
How to manage or delete cookies?
Most Internet browsers are configured to accept cookies without user intervention and/or without notice. You may change these settings in order to block cookies or set the browser to warn each time a cookie is offered. There are numerous ways to manage cookies. Please check your browser information or the “Help” page if you wish to find out more about these browser settings. Warning! Disabling our cookies may have affects on your user experience.
Please find below cookie setup guides of popular browsers:
• Mozilla Firefox - https://support.mozilla.org/hu/kb/S%C3%BCtik%20kezel%C3%A9se
• Google Chrome - https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=hu
• Apple Safari - https://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042?locale=en_US
• Internet Explorer 8 - http://windows.microsoft.com/hu-hu/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-8
• Internet Explorer 9 - http://windows.microsoft.com/hu-hu/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-9
• Internet Explorer 10 - http://windows.microsoft.com/hu-hu/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-10
• Internet Explorer 11 - http://windows.microsoft.com/hu-hu/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
• Microsoft Edge - http://windows.microsoft.com/hu-hu/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq
In case you use different devices to view and access Bestsellers websites, please note that all browsers running on the devices are set in accordance with your individual data protection settings.